Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Dear Abriella,

Today I am 26 weeks pregnant with you and boy are you proving that you exist today. Rolling, kicking and hitting my belly as if to say, "Hey! Pay attention to me!". But, I can't pay much attention to you yet. The most I can do is touch or hold my belly and talk to you (though you can't understand what I'm saying). I do that every day anyway. I love that you still kick me even when my hand is on my belly. I also love that you finally kicked your daddy's hand.

Thoughts of you and the preparations for you consume me. If I'm not looking at clothes I long to buy for you or hoping someone buys this or that for you, I'm thinking about what/who you will look like and how excited I am that we get to see you for the first time in almost 2 months in just 2 weeks and 6 days! I also can't believe that your Grandma and Grandpa will be here. The last time they saw me, I was this big:

 And this is how big I am now:


You make me feel weird sometimes because you kick me in my butt. I have been reading that a lot of women with an anterior placenta get that feeling as well. I feel like you are trying to kick your way out back there.

I love you so much. I don't know what to do with myself. I want to touch you, feed you, hold you and watch you grow (but not too fast!). I want to watch your daddy with you. I can't wait to see how you two interact. I'm 100% sure that I will have a hard time sharing you. I carried you for 9 months (by the time you are born) and I want to continue doing so. I can't even imagine the anxiety I will have the first night we leave you with someone so we can go out for a couple of hours. I don't even want to think about it.

I have so much to say to you but I just can't get it all out right now. Just know that you and daddy are my world and I promise to be everything you deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment