Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Honesty

After I had my miscarriage I bundled all of my feelings into my own heart and head. I didn't want anyone to know how much I was hurting. 8 months later I told my husband just how badly I hurt, STILL. I told him I had been thinking about seeing a psychiatrist. I still haven't tried to see one. I really feel like I should be able to work through these issues on my own like I always have. After starting my period once again this month, I decided to say f*** it. I'm not "trying" anymore. I want a baby more than I have ever wanted anything else but I don't want it to take over my wonderful life with my husband like it has been. I don't want to be sad all the time. I don't want to be angry all the time. If I get pregnant, I get pregnant. If I don't, we just go about our lives like we have been until we can speak with someone and get testing done in October (the TTC 1 year mark). I don't want to feel this way anymore. For now, I am going to focus on my husband and our dog-der, Mocha. We have a great life, we really do. We are in the process of buying our first house that we absolutely adore and finally moving out of the 2 story home we are renting that I hate, hate, HATE. I can't wait to feel the way I felt before I ever got pregnant or we ever entertained the thought of TTC. My life has been hell ever since the miscarriage and I just want the old me back.

2 comments:

  1. I want to say something comforting but I feel like anything I say will be dumb. I watched my sister and a dear friend go through this for years but I only have an idea of what this is like for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister is going through the same thing. It's really heard to see both you and her dealing with this and it's hard for me to really relate. However, it's hard for your life to go back to normal because that little person touched your heart and it's only natural to not forget. Just take it a day at a time and don't think so much about getting pregnant. Just enjoy yourself and have fun with your husband ;)

    ReplyDelete